The Next Best Thing


The Next Best Thing
Kevin Bryant

I inadvertently told a fib in my last piece. I stated that I was going to write the Missouri legislature. Well, as it turns out, they are not currently in session as per the Missouri Constitution and there is not a single email address that will reach all them at once. Since I don’t have the patience to gather all those email addresses and put them into one single email, I instead did the next best thing. I wrote to the Governor instead. Since the website only allows for 2000 characters per correspondence, I had to make it a little shorter than I would have liked.

Below is my letter to the Governor of Missouri. I’ll let you know if I get a response.

Governor Nixon,

Leadership should always come from the top down, never from the bottom up. It has become quite apparent in the past 5 months that leadership on the federal level only wants to strip more power from the states and absorb that power at the federal level.

I do not understand why so many Governors are allowing this to happen. The Constitution of the United States specifically states that all powers not specifically granted to the federal government are reserved to the states and the people. The only Governors I see questioning the federal government is Mark Sanford, Bobby Jindal & Rick Perry.

Are these the only ones that are willing to question the leadership of the federal government and ask the questions of "where in the Constitution does it state that you have that authority"?

Americans believe that we have no voice anymore at the federal level. We have no leadership at the federal level and coming soon we will have no state governments allowed to stand up and protect the rights of its citizens because the federal government will have taken any and all rights from the states.

Governor, do you want to be re-elected? The actions of our current President and his administration has conservatives and most moderates absolutely livid at the actions which it is taking and liberties they are taking at twisting the Constitution or just ignoring it completely. If you don't want to be caught up in the democrat downfall that is going to take place starting 2010 and peaking in 2012, then you need to call upon all members of the Missouri legislature to stand up as one and demand that the rights and powers of the state not be infringed upon. Call upon the Governors of other states to do the same, and lead the charge calling for a Constitutional convention so that all states may retain their proper authority as our Founding Fathers meant for them to have and properly define the limitations of the federal government.

Respectfully,
Kevin Bryant