Heads I Win, Tails You Lose
Heads I Win, Tails You Lose
In the 60’s, the complaints were about all the smog in Los Angeles basin. In the early 70’s it was all about global cooling and acid rain. In the late 70’s and throughout much of the 80’s it was all about holes in the Ozone layer and skin cancer was to become the #1 killer of humans. In the 90’s through mid 2000’s it was about Global Warming and since mid 2000’s it has all been about climate change.
With the onset of the industrial age here in the United States and around the world, coal was the primary source used for heat and electricity. Coal remains the #1 source for heat and electricity around the world.
With the onset of World War I, industries ramped up production to heights never before achieved throughout the world. This again happened in the 30’s and 40’s thanks to World War II. From 1900 until the 1960’s, more carbon pollution was released into the atmosphere and anytime in earth’s history and no one ever thought about air, water and ground pollution reduction anywhere on the planet.
I am a firm believer that we should be good stewards of the planet and I think we have been. We breathe in less than ¼ of the pollutants today than our parents did in the 40’s and 50’s. If you eliminated China and India, the amount of pollution in the air would be reduced by roughly another 10% to 15% from what it is today.
We have experienced above average snowfall for 3 of the past 4 years here in Kansas City. We have had above average rainfall for 2 of the past 4 years and look to be above average again this summer. Only in 2005 has the temperature been above average for more than 8 months of the year since 1998. I’m still waiting on that global warming thing to happen here before I start to worry about any climate change stuff.
It has been scientifically proven that the earth was hotter and steamier in the days of the dinosaurs than it is now. Perhaps it was dinosaur flatulence that created the warming back then and they must have blown a hole in the Ozone layer to suddenly let out the hot air to cause the last great ice age.
It must be all the hot air in Washington that is causing record snowfall there while Vancouver has none for the Winter Olympics.
A couple of years ago, climate change fear-mongers were telling the world that the lack of snow falling in the United States was proof positive of climate change. Now those same people are claiming that the record snow falls across the United States is a direct result of climate change. That’s like flipping a coin and saying heads I win, tails you lose. No matter what, they are going to make claims to try and convince everyone they are right.
If man caused global warming, then why was congress debating global cooling in the 70’s when there was twice as much green house gasses and carbon pollutants in the air then than there is now? Even the so called climate experts who believe in man made climate change will not answer this question. To them, it’s not a question of science but a quest for the all mighty dollar. The more they promote a climate change agenda, the more likely they are to collect tax payer dollars in an attempt to prove themselves right.
The southern polar ice cap is almost back to normal ice levels. The northern ice pack, except for 2005 has been growing for the past 10 years. Sea temperatures have been falling since 1999. This is the same cycle the earth has seen over and over.
Almost 70% of all Americans realize that you can’t regulate or mandate Mother Nature to act in a certain manner. The remaining 30% will always believe that big government can do anything.